08 March 2012

The little things

In an attempt to shave every little last bit of unnecessary spending out of my monthly expenses, I recently downgraded from an Android phone to a flip phone, which will save me $40 a month.

And then I started thinking about all the other little things I've cut back on or cut out of my budget in the last two years and wondered how big a difference they're making.


In addition to downgrading the cell phone, I've cancelled my Netflix subscription, reduced the number of haircuts a year from four to one, stopped buying facial cleanser, cut back on the amount of wine I buy at the grocery store, and switched from doggie daycare to dog walking.

The result? I'm spending about $317 less a month, or about $3,810 less a year. Not bad!

Now if only I could figure out where all that "saved" money has been going instead...

No comments:

Post a Comment