25 March 2012

Thank you, Google!

"....a Glamour editor found a similar lipstick--Heatwave--that she swears looks good on everyone."
(Taken from A Cup of Jo blog by Joanna Goddard).

After I read that and saw photographic proof of the beautiful, bright, orange lipstick, I knew that I just had to own Heatwave lipstick too. But, I was unwilling to pay more than twenty some dollars for a trend.

My process to finding a suitable substitute for Heatwave was easy: a simple Google search "Cheap alternatives to Nars Heatwave."

The solution (thanks to a fellow budget conscious commenter on the Makeup Alley website) : Wet n Wild 909D at $1.99. And it worked! It's fun, spring-y, bright, and definitely pops! Yeah, and I'm also currently sporting Wet n Wild black nail polish (99 cents) all because I saw Anne Hathaway rocking it in a recent TV interview.

The point being...a simple Google search helped open a new world to me of affordable trends. Whether it be make-up, shoes, appliances or electronics, do some Google research before you commit to any big purchases. You may be able to find a suitable and more affordable alternative.

No comments:

Post a Comment